Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities, A.H. Horn and Associates Limited is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We ensure our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
We will notify customers of this by posting a notice on our website.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities within the office, A.H. Horn and Associates Limited will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be made publicly available at the following locations:
- On the front door of our office
- Office bulletin board
- Correspondence through emails and meeting invitations
A.H. Horn and Associates Limited provides accessible customer service training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training is also provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions are trained:
Client Relations Coordinator
Director, Client Solutions
Director, Design & Measurement
Director, Marketing & Digital Media
Learning & Project Specialist
Manager of Project Services
Senior Graphic Designer & Brand Developer
Senior Learning Consultant
Senior Vice President, Blended Learning Solutions
Senior Vice President, Client Relations
Senior Vice President, Facilitation
Senior Vice President, Finance & Administration
Senior Vice President, Organizational Excellence Solutions
Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Vice President, Facilitation
Staff are trained on Accessible Customer Service within five business days after their start date.
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- The plan of A.H. Horn and Associates Limited related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing A.H. Horn and Associates Limited goods and services
Staff are also trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way A.H. Horn and Associates Limited provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following way(s):
Phone: (905) 761-8000
Address: 1600 Steeles Avenue West, Suite 412, Concord, ON L4K 4M2
All feedback, including complaints, will be handled in the following manner:
- Forwarded to the Office Manager
- Discussed with Senior Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Address appropriate employee(s) or issue within the office
- Response to sender outlining solution
Customers can expect to hear back in five business days.
Notice of availability
A.H. Horn and Associates Limited will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice in the following location(s):
- Office bulletin board
- Website: horn.com
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of A.H. Horn and Associates Limited that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.